Who I am
This privacy notice provides you with details of who I am and how I collect and process your data.
Eimear Burkley trading as Eimear’s VA Services is the Data Processor (referred to as “I”, or “me” in this privacy notice) – the Client (referred to as “you” in this privacy notice) is the ‘Data Collector’ and you are responsible for your personal data.
My email address is: email@example.com
My telephone number is: +353863521106
What personal data I collect and why
THE DATA THAT I PROCESS FOR YOU, THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH I PROCESS IT AND THE GROUNDS UPON WHICH I PROCESS IT
Eimear’s VA Services are committed to ensuring the protection of your privacy. This statement (together with my General Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from and about you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me.
Please read this notice carefully to understand my practices regarding your personal data and your rights in relation to same.
This statement is being provided to you in line with my obligations from 25 May 2018 under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through any contact forms on my website, through cloud-share, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for Work undertaken in accordance with agreed Terms & Conditions. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to proceed with agreed Work.
- Personal Contact Data includes data such as your name, title, address, email address, phone number and contact details. I process this data to communicate with you, for record keeping and for Work undertaken in accordance with agreed Terms & Conditions. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records, to grow my business and remain in contact with you and to proceed with agreed Work.
- Third Party Data includes any data that I collect or create or are required to hold in order to liaise with third parties (including professionals acting on behalf of such third parties) on behalf of my clients. My lawful grounds for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by me in assisting my clients and providing professional advice to my clients.
- User Data that includes data about how you use my website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on my website or through other online services. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in my promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to study how customers use my products/services, to develop them, to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy
I may use Communication Data, Personal Contact Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I serve you. My lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interest which is to grow my business. I may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. My lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interest (namely to grow my business).
I may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to me (for example by filling in forms on my site or by sending me emails and correspondence by post or by speaking with me on the telephone and in meetings).
I may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
I may also receive data from publicly available sources such as the Companies Registration Office, the Property Registration Authority, Local Authorities and others.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the site admin to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
My lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or my legitimate interest (namely to grow my business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you electronic marketing communications from me if
(i) you made a purchase or asked for information from me about my goods or services or
(ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
I will not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
You can request me to stop sending you electronic marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
You can request me to stop sending you marketing messages by post at any time emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning me at +353863521106.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who I share your data with
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services including cloud based services.
- Service providers who provide business administration services, including third party dictation typing and transcription services and external file storage and archiving services.
- Professional advisers including accountants, consultants, logistics professionals or customs clearance agents I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions. I will not knowingly or deliberately share your data with any unauthorised third party.
Data Security & Retention
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those myself, the Client, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission by means of the internet including through e-mail, is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from me by means of e-mail and any such transmission is at your own risk.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any agreed Work requirements.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response. If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission (DPC), the Irish supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.dataprotection.ie).
Please contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.